Thursday 2 August 2007

Naming my Blog

Naming a blog is quite a challenge and in my search for inspiration I came across this post on the Business Week blog where these guys posted their brainstorm of a load of names...
http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/blogspotting/archives/2005/04/how_to_name_a_b.html
I thought I'd do the same (despite working alone!) so I grabbed my Heuga scribbles pad and got a few names down. Here's some of the results:
I had a little help from a friend who suggested the smart 'Carpet Diem' - a play on the Latin phrase 'Carpe Diem' meaning 'Seize the day'. In my ignorance I had to check out the meaning and was very impressed. However I decided to keep it simple and Square-Vision was the winning choice.

Carpet tiles have a bit of an image problem but people are generally really impressed with the concept and design possibilities of carpet tiles once they've seen them in use so this blog is an attempt to share the delights of carpet tile design in the home.

My top 10 blog names: 1. Square Vision 2. Floor Space 3. Floor and More 4. Vibrant Square 5. Carpet Diem 6. Fair and Square 7. Inside Out 8. Floor Project 9. Square Living 10. Square Style

No comments: